Labels (CÁC THỂ LOẠI):

Thứ Ba, 7 tháng 7, 2009

Semester in army in my friend’s memory

One has said, “Ten days cannot change one’s whole personality” but I believe it does. It's believed that anyone of us used to hear or familiarize with the concept “military” once or many times, from heroic stories of our ancestors or previous generations.

I think that I am far luckier than lots of my friends. Because I not only heard about many wars of descendants but also I really did take part in that environment. Ten days for me is too enough to make one significant step, a really shift in my life. I can tell you that those days could change enough whole my life - ten days in SIA or Semester in army.

I had never been away from my parents and lived my own life for many days as the time I was joining in military course. At the beginning, everything seemed obviously difficult for me to be acquainted with. My training field was Regiment 88 where served people who register for military course like me. In my memories, it was the “worst” place in which I used to live. I now back to my ordinary life. However, I still can remember clearly how inconvenient and uncomfortable condition I experienced on the first day at the Regiment 88 though. The facilities were very decrepit and equipment was sure rudimentary. Furthermore, none of modern electrical appliances allowed to be carried with their owners such as television, computer even a mobile phone. Without them, many teenagers maybe could not endure even a day.

We all were modern kids forcing to live as exactly as real soldiers’ lives in severe conditions. However, those hardships reminded me of my previous generation, the generation of my grandfather and my father far many years ago. Their whole lives were full of scare, death, blood, sometimes tears… Actually, in wartime, they had to survive in harshest conditions than ever, year after year, not just only ten days as I put myself in some little experiences.

One of my unforgettable memories about ten days in military course was the time when all of us had meal together in a big hall. Not only the army environment but also the food was unfamiliar with me. It was not delicious at all, or should I say, unable to swallow, yet, it also evoked my contented feeling of enjoying my mother’s dishes. Nonetheless, I was quite a bit proud of myself that I was one of minorities who could get used to the food after the first meal. Most of my friends promised themselves that they did not eat even a little of rice.

However, after two days, most of them gradually accepted what brought in to eat, as soon as they could not stand their hunger. As a result, none of them dared to complain about the food anymore and ate joyfully in all the days left. Eventually, I was very pleased to have drawn out myself a precious lesson that instead of continuing pleading my parents for any extravagant things. I should respect what I am having at the present and be satisfied with them.

SIA in my memory
In first five days of the training course, I had been trained so hard so that to become a good soldier. I had been teaching many of interesting things, including difficult and challenging lessons. My favorite lesson was learning how to use gun to make a shoot directly and exactly to the target. However, in my opinion, the lesson itself was not much different from our real lives. We could not reach out our goals if we were not prepared as well and ready to do. In the contrary, the lesson of which I most afraid was overcoming high hurdles and deep holes.

Yet, it was not an easy thing that anyone could get through. Unfortunately, all the soldiers forced to take practice as a compulsory part. Not any exception, I found it was rough enough for a girl like me to jump over them. Nonetheless, I did not give up and become more steadfast in my pursuit of passing those obstacles. I tried plenty of time and at last, my attempt was not useless and wasteful, as I really won by my own. Actually, it was just like how we coped with our problems in our lives and how we managed to overcome it. Then, no matter what happened, as a matter of facts, I still believe “Where there is a will, there is a way”.

The remaining days in SIA were the most important and valuable ones of all. I had an opportunity to expose myself to reality through variety of charity works such as visiting several orphanages and nursing house. As a matter of facts, nowadays, teenagers usually are rather selfish and lack of social awareness. I confess myself that I once used to be one of them. I used to spend most of my time studying at school and even extra-classes. I had not had much time to concern for others and gradually became a weird person.

However, my perception of life and my personality have changed since my visit to the center for the old-aged pensioners. During the time, I had a chance to make acquaintance of one old man who was almost 80 years old now. I absolutely shocked when I heard that he had gone here for 20 years ago and lived in this place from then on. Without any visitors or contact from his relatives. I felt sorry for the man and thought of his son, maybe he was a culpable one. Much or even little, I suddenly thought of my parents who sacrificed all their lives for me. When I thought of them, who lived along with the motion of time, they became older and older as the time passed. I promised myself I would not let them down.

In my opinion, I think ten days of spending in the SIA can be worth as a year of studying in academic or in my school. I have learned how to be self-respect and satisfied with what I have today. I love my parents more than I used to. They are the most important people who have always encouraged me as soon as I am broken down. Moreover, I have already known how to overcome the “hurdles” of life by my own strength. Everyday in SIA is an invaluable lesson that will definitely help me in the future when I am no longer as a kid and become a mature person. I believe that I have a well-prepared package to start my long journey of my own life.

N&L - In Love we trust

Saigon, Vietnam and Massachusetts, United States

07/7/2009
Hồ QUốc Nam

1 nhận xét:

  1. At that time if the rooms have availability then the price of the
    room is extremely high. Every new author lives with a sense of fake supremacy but you will discover millions of better authors available.
    They choose unique startup ideas across the globe and help them turn their ideas into a reality.


    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... new ideas for online business

    Trả lờiXóa