Labels (CÁC THỂ LOẠI):

Thứ Năm, 10 tháng 3, 2011

Students: Empowerment comes through Journal Writing

Students, as a Social Work Practice Advisor and Teacher I highly advise that if you want to be honest, upright, and engage in a workplace environment that is your vocational calling, then it is time to sit down and start writing daily, if possible, like before you go to bed.

Writing helps to keep your heart and soul linked with your mind. Trust me, too often in my life, I was operating from the head of intellectualism and rationalization but through daily journal writing, I got connected to the person that I was meant to be. The journey was long. Many ship wrecks, but nowadays, my vocational calling is built on a mission and purpose. Like Palmer Parker, once I got my heart and soul connected, then doors opened, blessings, and God's grace flowing here and there.

Friends of Social Media, take heed to what you have heard in class from our Instructor, Fr. Joseph Vu Huu Hien. He has asked you to write Journal Entries on Daily Gospels. This might seem a bit challenging; and you might want to start simply sharing an ordinary day you encountered with yourself. soon you will find that the Gospels will become relevant and real to you as your heart opens.

As an English teacher in Pronunication and Conversations, so many Vietnamese students lament that they do not write well. I am convinced it is not they can not write, it is they do not know how to write. They know how to talk but not write.

 
Daily practice writing will help you in the long run

Students, I had the same problem you had when I was in high school and college. I was not a good writer. I could not express what I wanted to say. I thought I had to use big words to write, but really, I learned, I write just like I talk.

But here i am today. So many students and friends want me to write a book.

One thing to get centered on your writing is to think what gives you most compassion in life. Write about it. Or another idea is to find a book that says, "This is me". Examine the writer.

Like today, I spent the day reading about Palmer Parker because his writing is relevant material to read, because I believe his writings is relevant in Vietnam. I am convinced the more teachers, professors, and students look to the heart and soul, teaching and learning will be relevant.

As i look at titocovn.com online postings, I would say, we are making progress at least to keep our postings relevant to Christian life, church renewal, church and family life. We still need a writing group that is committed to unveiling the multiple layers of masks that we wear in church and outside the church. When we can simply wear our true face inside church and outside church, we are travellers with Footsteps like Jesus and St. Theresa of Lisuix.

mailinhduyen

10/3/2011
Hồ Quốc Nam

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét